Monday, June 30, 2008

Mom's Best Spaghtti Sauce

I grew up with my mom making this homemade spaghetti sauce and it's one of those recipes that has carried on in my cooking. It's simple, but I don't think I've had anything that beats it.
In small dish combine:
3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Sugar
2-3 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/8 tsp. Pepper
Combine in bowl with 3 cans Diced Tomatoes and 1 can Tomato Sauce or Paste (you can substitute just about any kind of canned tomatoes for this part and you don't neccesarily need the sauce or paste)
Brown ground beef (or ground turkey) with 1 diced onion and some garlic and add tomato mixture.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Sometimes I make it and instead use frozen meatballs adding them after bringing the sauce to a boil. It's great topped with some parmesan cheese and served with salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!
-Stephanie

No comments: